Monday, February 21, 2011

President's Day Phunny

I have a few posts in the works, but none are done yet, so I thought I'd leave you with something funny (at least to me) today. I was poking through photos of the just-wrapped New York Fashion Week offerings, when I was struck by how many bizarre frocks there were on the runways this year. I'm fully aware that what comes down the runway isn't always practical for everyday wear, and that it's really an art form. I accept and embrace that. I also know models are chosen to act as walking hangers, allowing garments to drape, flow, cling, or do whatever the designers intended. I also know that models teeter down the runway in shoes that are either too big or too small, in clothing pinned, taped or glued on, so the fact that they make it look glamorous is impressive. However, I came across this look from Marchesa's Fall 2011 collection and was stopped in my tracks:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

With the strange small head/voluminous shoulder proportions, I couldn't help but think of this look from Beetlejuice:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Uncanny, no?
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Some people shop sales on President's Day; I rag on high fashion. Prefer to read about presidents on presidents day? Check out the post I wrote on Oval Office decor a while back. Otherwise, have a good Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I can't get over those popping eyeballs :) The tiny heads just crack me up. Usually models appear to have oversized heads because of their itty bitty little bodies, but this time the outfit just overwhelms the model!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...