Thursday, February 17, 2011

Houzz in the House - Feeling the Love

I "discovered" Houzz a while back (read: I didn't discover it at all. Check out all the press). It's a great tool for collecting ideas, inspiration and finding designers by region, specialty, style or all of the above. You can browse around, make your own ideabooks (more than 130,000 have been created), share them with others or keep them for your own reference.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
A few months ago I created a profile, hoping to drum up a little interest in Austin's Newest Interior Designer, and I have been overwhelmed by the response to my work. Subscribers have been saving my images in their own ideabooks, and Houzz contributors have illustrated their informative posts with some of my project photos, along with the work of other talented designers! Check out some of the recent stories:

Have Lemons? Make a Decorative Statement by Lily Gahagan
Bedding Trends: Tailored and Tucked In by Janell Beals
Keep Your Collectibles (Without Losing Your Sanity) by Lily Gahagan
Relax A Little – Home Decor Should Be Fun by Kerrie Kelly

Becky Harris' post, How to Turn Your Closet Into an Office, even appeared on SF Gate!

It warms my heart that others are finding inspiration in my work – thank you Houzz community! Whether you just moved, think you'll move, or are always on the lookout for new ideas to implement in your home (current, future, dream home, etc.), but clipping images from magazines sounds time consuming and space-eating, I strongly suggest you get on Houzz and make some ideabooks for yourself! They'll be saved in the cloud so you'll never lose them and they won't require filling an entire filing cabinet with ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...