Friday, January 21, 2011

Profusely Painting

You guys, I totally failed you this week! Please accept my sincerest apologies. We have been painting our buns off since Monday – due to work conflicts, Oliver's parents weren't able to help us paint, so we JAMMED and finished the living room, our bedroom and the bathroom. I'm kind of bragging because we had to paint two coats of primer in each room before painting two coats of our colors, we hit the insides of the closets twice because they were gross, and got all the baseboards, door trims and window casings. That's a lot of painting for two people in four days, and I'll tell ya, my back is paying for it. If I never have to edge a wall again, I would die a happy woman. Sadly, we still have to tackle the second bedroom, the kitchen and the hall, so my painting woes continue. However, we have done enough to really move in, so tomorrow morning we're driving back to East Texas to fetch our truck and the rest of our belongings, which means we no longer have to sleep side-by-side on heinously uncomfortable camping cots. Like this, but WAY less glam, coordinated and comfy, and far more creaky:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Interior design by Lee Kleinhelter via Lonny

Last night, when I climbed into the cot, I pretended it was a huge, cozy bed, like this one:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Interior design by Anthony Gianacakos via Lonny

So manly, with those leather pillows and chocolate brown throw. I was unable to suspend my disbelief, but by the end of the weekend, we will have our bed back and I will be up and running with regular posts! There are lots of painting photos to share! So far, our floral-inspired palette is turning out beautifully. Thanks for your patience! xoxo

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...