Monday, May 24, 2010

A WHALE of a time

It was a busy weekend full of work over here at Frisson (YAY!), so I fell a bit behind in my blogging. While I catch up, enjoy this fantastic illustration by our dear friend and outrageous talent, Jordan Awan, of Springtime Studio:

Jordan runs Springtime Studio with his wife, Morgan Elliot, also an amazing illustrator, and they have a great blog chronicling their work.

I doubt any of you know this, but I love an expressive, stylized whale illustration! I love the ones with the endearingly square heads that taper down into the skinniest of bodies and curl up into a giant tail fin. They are too cute. And I love this one, by Jordan, with it's big body, tiny chicken-wing-fin and that big, worried eye. And all those waves! Jordan is a master of detail and patience in his pen work, but at the same time manages to maintain a whimsical simplicity in his work. He and Morgan are both illustrators that can say everything with one expressive line–no easy feat.

I always look forward to their blog updates, and especially seeing their work published in various periodicals. Look out for this illustrative force!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...