Monday, March 14, 2011

Neglect, a Birthday, and Austin Hot-Spots

Oh, dear readers, I'm the WORST! I've really been neglecting you. Its with good reason, though, I promise. The fun news is that I turn a whopping 32 today! TIME FLIES. I swear, just the other day I was a toddler wearing a birthday hat, stuffing my face with cake without a care in the world.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Ok, you got me; I've never lived without a care in the world

Check out the rad birth announcement my dad wrote up when I was born (note: he is an accomplished tennis player and all-around funny guy):
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Favorite line: "Balls…..None." Get it? I'm a girl. 

It's been quite a ride, and I have high hopes for my thirty-second year on this earth. Good things are already happening. For one, Oliver and I got a grill and some deck chairs, so we can dine alfresco and enjoy this amazing Austin weather. Tonight, we are going to try out a new-ish (less than a year old) restaurant in our neighborhood that's said to be pushing the boundaries of Austin's emerging foodie scene, Foreign and Domestic. I hope I can remember to bring the camera and snap some shots to share with you. I've been a Forgetful Franny lately!

Work-wise, things are getting busy busy busy, which is wonderful, but I miss my little slice o'the blogosphere! I have a few posts in the works right now, but none are quite complete, so I thought I'd whet your appetite (and hopefully keep you coming back to me), by giving you a sneak peek into a very special tour we took recently (thanks to the Architecture Enthusiasts of Austin) of a few projects completed by the office of one of Austin's most outstanding architects, Michael Hsu. I have a personal connection with Mr. Hsu's office, about which I will expound when I write full review of these spaces, but here's a little quickie introduction to the work his office does….

We visited Haddington's, a new rustic American tavern on East 6th with outstanding finishes, not to mention yummy food and cocktails):
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

La Condesa, a hip, contemporary-modern interior Mexican restaurant in the 2nd street district"
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Love that custom light fixture, created from off-the-shelf lighting parts!

Malverde, a chic bar located adjacent to and upstairs from La Condesa, Malverde should be bumpin'!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
The mossy, "living" wall is a great touch to this space the blurs the barrier between inside and out – a perfect Austin design element!

I have a busy week ahead, but I will do my best keep up with you. Happy Monday, and happy birthday to ME! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your birthday!

    P.S. - Your birth announcement is just precious.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...