Friday, November 5, 2010

Custom Armoire

Today I'm working in the office of a decorator for whom I've been doing freelance work for about a year. She brings me in to do drawings and custom millwork designs, which is fun for me because she has wonderful clients with great taste and oodles of money, so I get to play around with all kinds of interesting design options and materials. Earlier this week, I met the senior designer at a client's house for a little measuring and had the opportunity to quickly snap a shot of an armoire I designed and detailed out months ago. I wasn't involved in the production of it, so seeing the built version of something I'd only seen on paper was a hoot!

Here are the elevations I did:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

And here's the finished product:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The piece turned out just as I'd envisioned it, from the dark stained oak frame and white lacquered doors to the proportions and the brass hardware.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...