Friday, September 24, 2010

Turn This Outfit Into A Room


Like many designers, I loved Domino Magazine and was so sad to see it fold. One of my favorite features was "Turn This Outfit Into a Room," whereby a stylish fashion image would be translated into a residential interior. Phenomenal idea! I'd never felt compelled to do that myself (it's a lot of work!), until I came across the above image in Lucky Magazine (Domino's sister mag focusing on fashion). The subtle color combination and luxe mix of textures screamed luxe living room to me. So, I thought I'd try my hand at making this outfit into a room. Click to enlarge.


Clockwise from top left: 
Window coverings: Network casement textile from Donghia
Chandelier: Shell Bell Basket from Shades of Light
Mirror: Antiqued Peacock from Wisteria
Table lamp: Modern Spindle from Shades of Light
Side table: Olive Ash Burl Moroccan Table from Global Views
Rug: Zigzag from West Elm
Side chair: Pierre from Oly Studio
Etagere: Obed from Donghia
Ottoman: Grinch Poof from Global Views
Sofa: Oscar by Matthew Hinson, available at Remodelista

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...