Saturday, March 13, 2010

BALLS

Well, pom poms, really but I just wanted to get your attention. Perhaps I'm a little late to the party in pointing out my excitement about the various uses of pom poms as embellishment, but I'm going to write about it anyway.

I'm sure most don't know this, but I'm a sucker for pom poms. I love them in all applications, and I'm happy to see them ALL OVER the place right now.

Obviously, pom poms have had a long run as accessories to winter hats...
The ubiquitous North Face hat, a staple on all sporty college campuses

...Scarves
Fair Isle scarf

...And of course, those creepily euphoric, unnaturally flexible girls on the sidelines at said sporty college sporting events, cheerleaders! (Ready? OK!)
Gimme a......

Beyond cold weather gear and cheerleaders, we haven't seen pom poms elsewhere as ubiquitously...until recently! While I'm thrilled about phasing winter out right now, I'm completely open to the idea of bringing fuzzy, happy pom poms into spring for a fun, pop-y dash of excitement.

I am just loving the pom pom embellishment on this Topshop jacket:
Image courtesy Lucky Magazine


Necklace by Movimentto

by John Galliano

Interior designers employ pom poms to pipe pillows, drapery, and linens to add flair, a playful element, or tailor a look without making it stuffy.

Room designed top interior designer, Tom Scheerer

Via Decor8


A crafty, yet not gimmicky room divider

Gifts!

Lest I've made you want to add pom poms to everything, tread lightly, as over-doing it might take you in an unfortunate direction:
Look by Timothy James Andrew

Potentially a little too "I'm wearing dead animal bits"

Scary purse:

Instead, opt for this one by Stella McCartney:


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...