Sunday, March 14, 2010

Happy Birthday to me...AND spring forward!

Me, circa 2003, as interpreted by Oliver's illustrative hand

Today is a big day: my 31st birthday and daylight savings! I've been celebrating all weekend with a delicious family dinner at
Le Relais de Venise, a super fun bachelorette party for my friend of thirteen years and bride-to-be, Becky (she actually gave ME a card at her own party. She is for real the most thoughtful person I know), and a scrumptious brunch at Balthazar followed by a stroll in the rain with my fine husband.

This was our first experience at the much-loved New York institution. We've been building up our expectations about the it ever since we received a gift card to the restaurant from Oliver's brother and his girlfriend. I'm no food blogger, and this place doesn't need another review talking about the intricacies of what makes is great, but the bottom line is, it did not disappoint. We ate like kings surrounded by stunningly accurate French bistro decor and impeccable branding and identity from the front sign to the menus.
Image courtesy Balthazar

Image courtesy Mucca Design

I've been excited about springing forward every since we fell back because it's sad to wake up before the sun and come home after it's gone down! I like to jog in the evenings, but not in the cold, dark winter. And with the brutal winter we've had this year, I'm more ready than ever for some outside time! To capture the dewy, clean essence of spring, a photograph Oliver took in 2004:
I love the colors (future blog post on blue and yellow in the works) and the freshness. I can practically smell spring when I look at this picture.

Love to you all xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...