Friday, February 12, 2010

Printers were sent from hell...

Remember how I said we were back and would be posting regularly? See how it's been almost a month from our last post? Not doing so well, huh. We've been pretty busy (a good thing) but we really shouldn't ignore our little soap box here. One thing that comes with busy-ness is getting ready for meetings and presentations, and what comes along with that is, inevitably, necessary equipment meltdown, making cheery blog posts out of the question.

It always seems that the more pressure you're under to finish something quickly, the more you can count on all of your equipment to self-destruct right at the witching hour. This has happened to me not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES in the last few weeks! I've worked on a presentation for this or that, it's all ready to go and time to print and WHAM! Meltdown. The printer runs out of ink, the paper jams, the computer freezes – the trifecta of inefficiency. Why it still surprises me, I do not know.

Image courtesy The Oatmeal

Oliver recently sent me a HILARIOUS post from The Oatmeal, a fantastic blog written and illustrated by Seattle-based web design, developer and marketer Matthew Inman, who has an outstanding sense of humor. All the content is worth looking at, but the one entitled "Why I Believe Printers Were Sent From Hell To Make Us Miserable" is my focus for today.

Favorites:
• The Setup
• Ink Colors
• Unfortunate Timing (duh)

After this complain-o-blog, I'll be sure to post something happy next time. In the meantime, share in my outrage!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...