Friday, December 10, 2010

Designer Profile: Angie Hranowsky

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Design*Sponge recently treated readers to a tour of the home of Charleston-based designer Angie Hranowsky, and I thought it was worth doing a little designer profile on her and re-posting some of the images. I came across Angie's work a couple of years ago when we were toying with the idea of moving to Charleston (we've been planning an escape for while!) and I was researching design firms down there. Her work struck me because she is both a successful graphic and interior designer – a fitting combination, as far as we're concerned!

I will soon be embarking on the decoration of a new home in Austin (once we find it!) and I thought I would give you a glimpse into one of the designers to which I will look for inspiration, as I pull together the elements of our (future) new place. This is the project image that introduced me to Ms. Hranowsky:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
The floors, the counter, the stools, the lights, the hood, the cabinets and the (Ann Sacks) TILE: perfect.

After seeing that, I was hooked! More work:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
That's a lot of color and style mixing, but it's done so well!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
This little nook is fantastic, with the coordinated drapery and upholstery and the subtle pattern on the banquette. The abstract painting is a huge contrast to the Moroccan table, but it all works in concert.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Another well-exectuted bold room, with the fantastic blue chandelier, table lamp and bench paired with the pink of the headboard and drapery trim.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
I love a bathroom with wallpaper, and that's all I have to say about that!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
I've never been a canopy bed gal, but I love the fabric here

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Gold and purple with splashed of pink and black on a neutral backdrop: genius.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
This is a bit more masculine, showing the designer's breadth of taste and ability. The ceiling treatment is great, and all the chrome gives it a 1970's flair without making the room look dated or too theme-y.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
I'll never tire of sunburst motifs, and I just love this mirror with wood. The sofa is a soft, over-stuffed departure from the rest of the tailored room, but it works well, making it all look cozy and live in.

Ms. Hranowsky really has a way with dining rooms:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
This is a cute little dining nook in the corner of a room, but the pendant, chairs and art really make it sing

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Loving the colors - so rich and plum-y!

Now, for her own home...
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
I'm a sucker for that leafy view outside the window, but I do love the dark maroon chairs with the Saarinen table, set on the whimsical cowhide rug. She really has a knack for placing splashes of blue to move your eye around a room.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
I would have given my right arm for a room like that when I was a kid. Of course, I would have destroyed it with ugly posters and dirty laundry by my teenage years...

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
I want this room.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

When someone is talented in two different but related realms of design, it's always fun to see how their aesthetic and point of view come across in the distinct disciplines.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I have to say, while Angie is certainly a talented graphic designer, which was her first career, I find that her interiors work is far more varied and multi-layered. Her interiors are gorgeous, and just keep getting better. I look forward to seeing more from this extraordinary designer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...