Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Before we moved to Austin, Oliver helped my mom digitize and archive wonderful old family photos. He spent entire days looking at pictures of me when I was a kid and came home every time saying that it looked like I had the most amazing happy childhood because I have huge, open-mouthed grins in every picture. 
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Please excuse the food remnants on my face; I was a ferocious snacker

Gee, I wonder where I get that trait from: 
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

All joking aside, Oliver was right; I had a great childhood, and I can attribute it to my mom (my dad, too, but this is my mom's day, plus she carried me around for nine months, so she deserves a giant dose of extra credit). My mom is smart, creative, upbeat, patient, brave and is always up for an adventure. I forever tease her for seeing the glass half-full and looking at life through rose-colored glasses (an attitude I most certainly did not inherit, sadly). She has an innate sense of style, which is visible in her clothing and interiors – this is an apartment she decorated, how awesome does it (and she) look?!?! I hope this is a trait I did inherit.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I really hope she doesn't kill me for putting this up, but it's hot, she's hot, and I couldn't resist:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I'm lucky to have such an amazing mom in my life, and I hope she knows how much I love her. I'm also lucky, because we kind of look alike:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Left: My mom; Right: Me 
I'm especially fortunate because I happen to have snagged myself a fantastic mother-in-law, as well – I'm surrounded by amazing women!! Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful moms out there! I hope you have a relaxing, refreshing day that's all about YOU. 

4 comments:

  1. How lucky am I to have you for my daughter! You'll notice plenty of smiles on my face also when I think of you or am with you. You have been a delightful addition to your dad's and my lives and we are so very proud of you. Thank you for being our daughter. You are beautiful both inside and out.
    Love you so so much,
    YM (Yo' mamma)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg Susan Scheer is such a babe, just like her daughter! xoxo Mara

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post - you were such an adorable little girl : ) When Jade was little, her father was really into slide photography, so shortly after we got together we decided to by a slide scanner and I must have individually scanned 300 slides. It was so much fun seeing this part of her life, so I can relate to Oliver. Isn't it funny how children today not only have more photos taken, but they're already digitized?!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...