Thursday, April 14, 2011

Dining Under the Stars, or Sun, or Whatever, As Long As Its Outside

Our move to Texas was 95% motivated by the opportunity for nearly year-round outside living! I've written about outdoor showers (I will have one someday. Oliver has actually promised to built me one/have someone build one for me…like, in the very far off future, but now that he's said it, it will happen. Homey don't play); I've written about outdoor rooms, which seemed so out of reach for me, until somewhat recently; I've written about how nature-deprived New Yorkers misguidedly think fire escapes are legitimate terraces; and I've written about water towers and life inside them, a post inspired by an afternoon on the roof deck of my parents' building in New York. So, if you didn't know before, now you're aware that I love being outside.

This week has been kah-RAZY busy (in so many good ways) but its left little time for chillin' outside (although we've done our best to make time). So, it made me happy to write a post Houzz.com that allowed me to scour all the amazing photos of enviable, romantic outdoor dining nooks. We're still working on the inside of our house; we haven't even gotten close to thinking about the outside, but inspiration is swelling, thanks to Houzz. Check it:
Romantic Outdoor Dining Inspiration
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I swear, I have some fun things to report on. I just need a minute to sit down and sort them out. In the meantime, all I've got time to write about it what I'm writing about on Houzz.com. I'm just dying to tell you all about the awesome Heritage Homes Tour we checked out last weekend – a photo-filled post is forthcoming! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...