Saturday, June 26, 2010

Happy 33rd Birthday to Oliver!

Oliver's birthday, circa 2000

Today marks Oliver's 12,045th day on this earth, and let me tell you, I am glad he's here! From the moment I met him, I knew there was something special about Oliver. Boy was I right! I've spent the last eight years learning more and more about what makes this very unique human being tick, and something tells me the learning will never stop. Oliver is a treasure trove of contradictions, illuminations, new ideas, hidden talents, creativity and curiosity. To be with him is to learn something new every minute of the day, and I look forward to a lifetime of learning by his side.

Oliver, July 1984

Oliver doesn't ask for much on his birthday. In fact, he pretty much only asks for one thing: no nagging. I think you just got a little glimpse into our relationship. So, each year on the 26th of June, I muster all of my strength to leave the poor boy alone and give him a nag-free day. Not to worry, I always make up for it on June 27th!

Apparently, the stylin' jacket above was part of a matching faux denim suit. Pretty SWEET.

So, on his 33rd birthday, he can look forward to a sunny, nag-free day that will end with a delicious baked good.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm totally jealz of that tan you had. No chance for a tan like that growing up in New Hampster.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...